We now have the new ABRSM Theory Practice Papers and Model Answers in stock for Grades 1-5!
The new and updated exam questions will be used as of 01.01.18 in all countries.
All the new papers are available on our website: https://www.alangregory.co.uk/music/ABRSM_Theory_Workbooks_and_Past_Papers.html
The ABRSM say:
We are introducing modernised questions and assessment methods in some parts of the exam at Grades 1 to 5. We have also updated the design of the papers to ensure they are clear and easy to understand.
Revised exam papers will be used in all countries from 1 January 2018, with no overlap period. There are no changes to questions at Grades 6 to 8.
The main changes are:
- Introducing multiple choice questions for musical terms and signs
- Updating questions to ensure they are clear and easy to understand. This includes:
- Reducing the amount of information on the page for time signature questions (Grades 1 to 3)
- Simplifying the layout of intervals questions (Grades 4 and 5)
- Simplifying the layout for Grade 5, Question 7 (chords at cadence points), with candidates asked to describe chords only using roman numerals.
- Removing rhythm-writing, melody-writing and word-setting questions, and the Grade 5 SATB short/open score question
- Refreshing the design of all exam papers to ensure they are clear and easy to read (Grades 1 to 8)
Please contact us if you have any queries about the changes or would like further information
T: 0161 445 4466